Author Topic: Crappy Security Proves It's a Miracle Nobody Gets Hurt  (Read 8865 times)

View Profile gclub slot online
Re: Crappy Security Proves It's a Miracle Nobody Gets Hurt
Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 03:28:31 AM
Searching for something like this to fit my studies.

View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 12:18:13 AM
I make the same one over again and this one sounds good too.

View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 04:30:59 AM
Hopefully there will be some winter. I'll keep my eyes open for a post. Sounds like fun.

Administrator
    View Profile
Crappy Security Proves It's a Miracle Nobody Gets Hurt
Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 01:55:58 PM
The only reason a forum like this gets started is that there are so many horror stories about Carnival Cruise Lines. The fact of the matter is there are too many ships carrying too many staff people who don't give a damn about you. They want a paycheck. Here's a fine example, authored by a digital strategist from New York.

Kimberly Williamson and her husband decided to take a fine trip to the Turks and Caicos Islands for their anniversary. They booked their trip on the Carnival Miracle. During their fine excursion to a Caribbean Island one afternoon, a man claiming to be a bi-polar case popped off and threatened Ms. Williamson while passengers about them watched. The reason for the bi-polar passenger's tirade was that Ms. Williamson had asked him not to blow his nose in the water.

Lifeguards and personnel on the beach told her to contact security on the ship, which Ms. Williamson and her husband did. When they returned to the ship, however, security told Ms. Williamson she would have to speak with guest services, because security could not really do anything about the matter.

As Ms. Williamson writes in her cruise ship horror story, on AOL, "The agent working at guest services was disinterested, to say the least. After pretending to take notes, she told us to tell someone in security. At this point, with my nerves rattled, I got frustrated that there didn't seem to be a system in place for dealing with dangerous individuals."

Talk about your basic feedback loop to nowhere.  The unruly passenger continued taunting Ms. Williamson and her husband, to the point the only place they felt safe was in their stateroom. Thus we conclude, mostly, another tragic Carnival Cruise horror story.

It did inspire Kimberly to start her own blog about how horrible Carnival is. You can READ IT HERE, along with Ms. Williamson's plea to Carnival and other cruise-line passengers.