Author Topic: Can We Fire The Engine Builders?  (Read 9164 times)

View Profile
Re: Can We Fire The Engine Builders?
Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 04:36:08 AM

I have read this It is good to know a lot. I will try to apply it to real life.

View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 03:47:57 AM
Now you have this information, it is fitted.

View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 04:39:06 AM
It is useful to read I'm not very good I am. This is a great story of another. I read a great advantage as

much as I do.

Administrator
    View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 01:02:02 PM
UPDATE: This topic has been dormant for a while, but we've not had an engine room fire aboard a Carnival ship for over a year, in what some pundits are calling a miracle from God. Well, miracles apparently do cease, and the engine room fire aboard the Carnival Triumph brings to mind the horrors of previous Carnival experiences that ended in blazes of ignominy (as opposed to blazes of glory).

So the question is, what caused the fire aboard the Triumph as it sailed near the Yucatan? Some scientific conspiracy theorists claimed the ship was really hit by a meteor trapped in a space-time bubble from the Jurassic epoch, essentially a leftover, time-traveling rock ball that splintered from the boulder that wiped out the dinosaurs. Of course, the suggestion, while perhaps creative, was quickly shot down by noted astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, who was on the PBS Newshour show Friday, February 15, discussing the Russian meteor in the Urals.

This leaves us at square one, and while it is unknown whether the engines, themselves, actually caught fire, the Carnival travails continue as the fires continue to be the number-one cause of bad publicity and malfunctioning engines aboard these big boats.  The other cause is, of course, the drunken captains who run their ships aground before abandoning ship in search of a nightclub to finish their debauch. Wait, that was a ship from a Carnival Cruise subsidiary.

Meanwhile, the New York Times report late Friday about the coming problems faced by Carnival underscores the momentum of bad news that is just getting started for the Miami-based cruise line. Perhaps someone at the cruise line should be fired. Yeah.

Administrator
    View Profile
Can We Fire The Engine Builders?
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 02:20:51 PM
Carnival Cruise Lines has really been on fire lately, and we're talking in a literal sense. For the past few years - yes, years - Carnival has suffered under the lash of one engine-room mishap after another, so it seems. But Carnival is getting a bit of competition in the cruise-bruise arena, this time from another favorite of cruise passengers: Royal Caribbean.
Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas suffered a fire April 21 that caused a smoker in the engine room. The ship was on its way from St. Maarten to Fort Lauderdale when the fire erupted, although the ship was able to sail back to South Florida without a tow.
And, there was another cruise-ship fire in March aboard the Royal Caribbean ship, the Azamara Quest. That ship, much like the 2010 mishap aboard the Carnival Splendor, was adrift for days before repairs were completed. Nothing like setting sail aboard a powered ship, then having to use the wind and bed-sheets to steer the vessel!
But wait, there's more! The Carnival ship, Costa Allegra, was towed to Seychelle in February after a fire broke out aboard that ship. Of course, for 2012, the most damaging cruise disaster as been a Carnival-related mishap: The Costa Concordia cruise disaster in Italy, which left dozens of people dead. The capsized ship is operated by a Carnival subsidiary, Costa Crociere.
Of course, we all remember the protracted affair aboard Carnival Cruise Lines' 2010 engine-room fire aboard the Carnival Splendor. That incident left 4,500 passengers stranded off the Mexican Riviera for several days.